As someone who has just moved to Oslo, Norway, one of your first health priorities is finding a good dentist. You will most definitely find that there are many of them, and they all claim that they offer the best dental services. Don’t go with the first dentist that you come across – you want to do some research; that way you find ones who meet your needs and are affordable. When looking for a dentist use the following tips:
• You need to identify your dental needs. Looking for a general dentist or are you looking for specialized dental services? If, for instance, you have problems with root canals you should be looking for an endodontist. If you want to have your teeth straightened, you should be looking for an orthodontist. If, on the other hand, your teeth are in good condition and all you want is the regular dentist you should be looking for a general dentist.
• Make sure that the dentist that you choose is adequately trained and experienced because there are some who aren’t. Don’t be afraid to ask the dentist where he got his dental training. As for experience, you should be looking for someone who has been practicing for at least five years. You will find their credentials listed on their website and also in their offices.
• Many choose old dentists because they think they are more experienced than the younger ones. While this can work sometimes, there is a risk that you may choose a dentist who is old and hasn’t adapted to new technology and dental procedures.
• Where is the dentist located? The last thing you want is to have to travel across the city every time you have a dental appointment. Choose a dentist who is near your home or your office for convenience. Their offices should also be in a good part of the city.
• Before you commit to a dentist, make sure first to visit their practice. Is it hygienic? This is critical because if a dentist isn’t sanitary, you can easily get ill from their unsanitary tools.
• The best dentists are good communicators. They listen to any concerns that their patients may have, and they also give advice on how to maintain good oral health. Make sure that you choose a dentist that you feel comfortable talking to.
• If you have children, it is best to seek out a family dentist. That way, you can all get your dental checks done at the same time.
• If you will be having major dental work done you should get a few offers so that you can compare and see who has the best deal. Some dentists charge more than they should just because they usually cater to high-end clientele.
• Speaking of cost, you should not be guided by how cheap a dentist is. There are some who are cheap because they provide sub-standard services. Instead, you would be wise looking at the quality of dental work that they offer.
• It is crucial that the dentist that you choose provides emergency care. This is especially critical if you have dental problems such as root canals and tooth ache If your dentist can’t see you when you have an emergency, you will be forced to look for help elsewhere while enduring pain.
• Most people are anxious every time they have to see a dentist especially if they are having major dental work done. That is why it’s important that you choose a dentist who has an excellent bedside manner. They should be able to make you feel calm on every visit. Other employees in the dental clinic should also be personable.
• Find out whether the dentist that you have in mind likes to be paid. Does he/she work with your insurance company? Can you write him a cheque or does he prefer cash? The good ones can work with most insurance companies.
One Oslo dental practice that meets all these criteria is Tannlegekatalogen.no. They have a fully qualified and experienced tannlege i Oslo, and they can handle all kinds of dental issues. They have top of the range dental equipment and they use the latest dental technology to treat their patients. Best of all they are affordable. You can learn more by visiting their website.